Wednesday 1 January 2014

January 2014 part 2

2. Food! Always a popular topic in our house :)

I've finally decided we can not exist on completely homemade and farm shop only food. Neither are we all well and happy on a diet of ready made stuff. But there are things out there that make life easier for me when I'm working so I just need to find a happy balance.

Last year I menu planned through almost the whole year. Only when I was really busy did this fall apart, and this showed in what was in my pantry at the end of the year! A pile of jars and tins left over from when I'd bought things without actually planning to eat them.  So this year we are definitely sticking to menu planning and a shopping list. I'm also going to carry on trying new recipes from good food magazine. We found some great ones last year which I kept and laminated. (That's just reminded me to renew my good food subscription via Tesco points!)

Now the dining room is tidy and the table is accessable we are going to try and eat at the table more often. We are far too good at eating in front of the Tv!

I had great intentions of photographing and blogging tea each night but have already failed at the first hurdle. Tea eaten and not photographed! Anyway, here's the menu for the rest of this week.

Wed Bacon and cheese pasta bake
Thurs tuna and sweetcorn lasagne (due to the discovery of 6 tins of tuna in the pantry!)
Fri sausage and mash pie (good food)

I am attempting to use things up from the pantry and freezer for the next couple of weeks.

I am sure the baking will continue in 2014 . We are starting the year with Christmas leftovers- Christmas cake tray bake and mincemeat buns (both Mary Berry)
so no baking just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment