Monday 2 May 2016

Me Made May Day 2

Firstly, I discovered mend in may yesterday so I'm adding that to me made may as I count mended clothes as being me made!.

http://makedoandmend-able.us10.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=bb725376e46a2b27a02b20c4f&id=d6f6613ac3

There are two pairs of jeans and a pair of linen trousers in the pile at the moment, all needing repairs in the same place - under the bottom!

My hand made clothes today are a crochet hoodie I designed myself. It is very comfortable and I really need to make another in a different colour!  I'm also wearing a pair of Regia Pairfect hand knitted socks.  There is another ball of this in a different colour way in the sock wool stash!

I spent the afternoon sewing (and swearing at the sewing machine - I couldn't get the tension right for love nor money today).  I made a blouse from the same simplicity 2188 pattern I used for yesterday's blouse. This one is blue chambray coloured polycotton. I originally bought the fabric for trousers but it ws too thin. I've added some mother of pearl flower buttons which I love - but they do show the pleats aren't quite even!!

No comments:

Post a Comment