Saturday 14 May 2016

Me Made May Days 12-14

Work gets in the way!

Day 12 was a repeat of the previous Thursday with a simplicity 2188 skirt in a Hobbycraft black flowery cotton, this time with a white t shirt (now relegated to the recycling pile after the two stains on the front were joined by a hole!).

I was so hot when I got home I changed into bought linen trousers with my flowery simplicity 2188 blouse. I wore these for work on Friday (day 13) as it was warm, even though they aren't work clothes. Hand knit socks joined the outfit with my walking boots for the evening.

Day 14 - Saturday - was my first completely me made day. Simplicity 2188 (again!!) blouse and crop trousers, my granny square cardigan and more hand knit socks in walking boots. This was the first time I'd worn the trousers and I soon had to tighten the elastic! (Tip - don't sew up the slot on the waistband until you've worn the item a couple of times and get the elastic exactly right! ).

I've enjoyed this first fortnight. I've worn almost everything (but not quite!) so it will be interesting to see how fed up I get with it all again over the next couple of weeks.

I've also accumulated an every growing mending pile. I don't seem to be managing  to mend in may though!

No comments:

Post a Comment