Wednesday 11 May 2016

Me Made May Days 10 and 11

Yesterday was all about my pink linen blouse. I love this, and the matching infinity scarf. I just wish I'd given it a bit more seam allowance - I know now how much linen fray's!  Simplicity 8523 view A. I need to make another blouse in this style.

Today was cold and wet so it was the granny square cardigan and hand knit socks. By the afternoon school run it was boiling and the cardigan had been abandoned!

This afternoon and evening I've done some sewing. The sage green fabric I ordered arrived, so I altered the first skirt I made from a simplicity 2286 pattern - which I've never actually worn! I added a hemless bottom and pockets (from the original pattern) and I like it much better now.

I also sewed up the crop trousers which were one of the pile of unmade clothes I started with at the beginning of the month. They were already cut and just needed sewing. Apart from a moment when the bobbin had a paddy and fell apart, they were incredibly easy to make. The fabric was from Abakhan last year, from a vague pile labelled "trouser fabric" and is lovely and comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment